Collection and Use of Personal Information
Your personal information provided in this application form and in all other communications related to your application and award of a Government of Ontario graduate scholarship at Wilfrid Laurier University (Laurier), will be used by Laurier and the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) to administer and finance the scholarship program.
Applicant's Consent to the Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
I agree that Laurier may, without limitation, collect, use and disclose personal information about me that is relevant to the administration and financing of a Government of Ontario graduate scholarship with: its authorized financial administration agents and auditors; my academic references; SSHRC; NSERC; CIHR; bodies identified on this application form and other bodies, including government bodies within and outside Canada that administer scholarships for graduate study or student loans; collection agencies it retains; and consumer reporting agencies.
I agree that Laurier can, without limitation, collect, use and disclose personal information about me that is relevant to the consideration of my scholarship application and its report to MTCU with respect to the granting of the graduate scholarship with: the ministry, my academic references and the selection panel it appoints to assess my application.
- I have given complete and true information on this application form.
- I understand that I am responsible for providing all required supporting documentation as indicated on my application or as directed by Laurier or the ministry in respect of my eligibility for a Government of Ontario graduate scholarship.
- I understand that information I provide will be verified and audited, and Laurier or the ministry may also conduct inspections and investigations.
- I will keep a copy of my application and all required supporting documentation in the event that I am required to produce this information for audit, verification, inspection or investigation purposes.
- I will promptly notify the Wilfrid Laurier University (FGPS) in writing of any changes to the information that I have provided and of any changes to my eligibility for a graduate scholarship, including ceasing to be enrolled as a full-time student in an eligible program at Laurier; receiving an NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, or Vanier scholarship; or becoming employed for more than an average of 10 hours per week.
- I understand that any change to the information I provide and any change resulting from verification and audit will result in a reassessment.
- I understand that if my application is reassessed, it may affect my eligibility and the amount of my scholarship and, if required I will promptly repay all or part of my scholarship.
- I confirm that the information submitted is accurate, and understand that this information is collected under the authority of the Wilfrid Laurier University Act and privacy policies. Submission of this application attests to my consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information to administer and finance the scholarship program.
- I understand that any fraudulent or misleading statement may result in proceedings for academic misconduct.
- I understand that information and/or documentation included with my application that is not required will be removed from my application and an incomplete application will be deemed ineligible.
- If successful, I will complete and submit the required acceptance form by the assigned deadline. I understand that failure to do so will void the offer of award.