In consideration of the privilege to park a motor vehicle/motor vehicles at the Parking Facility/Facilities located at the University’s Waterloo campus and 4 Charles St. East - Charles & Benton Parking Garage only, the Applicant covenants and agrees as follows:
(1) To pay Laurier a lump sum of $279.09 per parking permit issued to the Applicant for an eight (8) month term; or $348.83 per parking permit issued to the Applicant for a ten (10) month term. Plus, an additional $50.00 deposit for a transponder, which will be refunded when returned to the City of Kitchener.
(2) To forthwith notify Laurier Parking & Transportation Resources of any change to the Applicant’s billing address. In addition, the Applicant agrees to notify Parking & Transportation Resources promptly of any change of vehicle information. I understand that if I do not do so, and one of my vehicles is ticketed for a parking violation on City or University property and a license plate search is necessary, the appropriate Ontario Government search fee will be charged in addition to the charges on the Notice of Violation.
(3) I acknowledge the right of the City of Kitchener and the University to remove any vehicles parked in violation of the parking regulations. If the Applicant incurs a parking violation in a City of Kitchener lot and wishes to appeal this violation, the Applicant must direct their appeal to the City of Kitchener at www.city.kitchener.on.ca. If the violation is incurred in a University lot, the Applicant must appeal to the University, at www.wlu.ca/parking. Any parking tickets issued to a vehicle registered to a permit, or bearing a permit, will be the responsibility of the Applicant.
(4) That the term of this agreement shall be for:
- Eight (8) months, commencing on the 1st day of September 2013 and expiring on the 30th day of April 2014, or until terminated by either party in the manner hereinafter set out; or
- Ten (10) months, commencing on the 1st day of September 2013 and expiring on the 30th day of June 2014, or until terminated by either party in the manner hereinafter set out:
(a) The Applicant may terminate this agreement at any time by returning to the University every permit issued pursuant to this agreement.
(b) The City, or the University, may terminate this agreement through removing the parking privileges of the Applicant at any time for any reason.
(5) I agree to return the transponder to the City of Kitchener upon its expiry; or to return the parking pass to the University upon early termination of this Agreement.
(6) I realize that the maximum daily parking limit is twelve (12) hours, and the storage of vehicles is not permitted.
(7) I realize that the parking agreement is for the rental of one parking space only and the parking Permit shall not be used to admit more than one vehicle at any time. Copies of permits are NOT to be made at any point in time.
(8) I realize that the permit must be visibly displayed on the rear view mirror of the parked vehicle at all times.
(9) I acknowledge that a fee of $35.00 will be required for any replacement parking pass, paid to WLU Parking & Transportation Resources and a fee of $56.50 will be required for a new transponder, to be paid to the City of Kitchener.
(10) I acknowledge that, for the purpose of enforcement, City by-laws 2000-159, 88-169, 88-170, and the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario are in force.