The Assignment Planner is an online open source research and writing resource that helps you plot steps towards completing an assignment over a projected timeline. It breaks down the research and writing process into numbered steps, suggests the time it should take you to accomplish each step, and helps you manage your time between now and the assignment due date. The Assignment Planner is intended to help you complete your assignment by focusing on small steps, giving you sufficient time to work through the writing and research process. The assignment planner can help you:
- Visualize how much time you have between today’s date and the assignment due date.
- Get a sense of what you need to accomplish and how much time should be allotted for each step.
- Clarify what the assignment is asking of you as the researcher.
- Understand the demands of the research and writing process.
- Make the assignment manageable by breaking it down into steps.
- Stop the last-minute rush of writing assignments just before they are due.
- Avoid plagiarism and the improper use of source material.
- Become a stronger researcher and writer while honing your critical-thinking and time-management skills.
- By providing you with resources to support your research and writing.
- Connect you to on-campus supports such as the Laurier Library and Writing Centre.
Schedule Your Project